YOUR PRIVACY IS CRITICALLY IMPORTANT TO US. WE AT MAGICSHINE HAVE A FEW FUNDAMENTAL PRINCIPLES:
- We do not ask you for personal information unless we truly need it.
- We do not share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our products and services, or protect our rights.
- We treat your personal information with the highest regard to privacy and security.
This policy applies to the information we collect:
- On the Site
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Site
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from the Site, which provides dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and the Site
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy
COLLECTION AND USE OF INFORMATION
A. PERSONAL INFORMATION
The information we collect on or through the Site may include information you provide to us. “Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual. When you create an account on the Site, purchase a product on the Site, sign up for a newsletter, receive updates via the Site or contact our product support personnel, we may collect a variety of Personal Information, which depending on the circumstances, may include your name, mailing address, phone number, email address and payment card information. Personal Information may also include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Site, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with the Site.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Site and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through the Site.
- Your search queries on the Site
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Site, or transmitted to other users of the Site or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. No security measures are perfect or impenetrable and we cannot control or be responsible for the actions of other users of the Site with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions.
We may use Personal Information about you for the following purposes:
We may communicate with you for reasons including without limitation: to provide you with information about the products and services you request or purchase, to communicate with you about your account or transactions with us, and to notify you of changes to our policies. If you no longer wish to receive communications from us, simply follow the link entitled “Unsubscribe” or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you interact with our customer support representatives via email, telephone, or in person, we may collect Personal Information relevant to the situation, i.e. name, mailing address, phone number, email address and contact preferences; information about the Magicshine product you own, serial number, date of purchase and (if applicable), event logs that are useful in diagnosing product or application performance related issues; and information related to a support or service issue. We use this information to provide you with the superior customer and product support that you have come to expect from Magicshine.
If you provide credit card information on the Site or directly, Magicshine will use your payment card information and related payment and account information, as well as your name and mailing address if applicable for the purpose of filling your purchases or collecting payment of recurring fees (if applicable). The site uses industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology, to allow for the encryption of personal information. In addition, Magicshine’s secure servers protect this information using advanced firewall technology.
B. PERSONAL INFORMATION PROCESSED BY Magicshine When you create a Magicshine account, we ask you to provide your email address, name, and password. You can add additional information to your profile, such as your location and your gender, birthdate, height and weight. You can choose to upload activities (e.g., runs, walks, bike rides, hikes, etc.) and activity data (e.g., distance, pace, activity time, calories burned, heart rate, location, etc.) from your device to your Magicshine account. You can use your device without providing your consent to upload your activities to Magicshine . When you add certain Magicshine devices to your Magicshine account, we ask for additional information, such as your gender, birthdate. If you enable email notifications, we process your email address in accordance with your notification settings. When you sync your device through the Magicshine GPS Root website or GPS Ally+ mobile app, we log data about the transmission, such as the IP address used when syncing, the sync time and date, crash/diagnostic logs, geographic location of the device, information about your device. For compatible products, we will also gather analytics on how you configure and use certain features.
If you choose to enable your Magicshine account to access accounts you have with other app providers, such as your Strava or TrainingPeaks account, we will obtain information about you from such account.
C. OTHER INFORMATION When you visit the Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information automatically from your device. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area, this information may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws. “Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual, such as browser and device information, app and usage data information, you IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, your Internet Service Provider (ISP), your operating system and carrier. For Site users, details of any referring website or exit pages as well as broad geographic location (e.g., country or city-level location) may also be collected. Please note that we may use and disclose “Other Information” for any purpose except where we are required to do other under applicable law. If we are required to treat “Other Information” as “Personal Information” under applicable law, then we may use it as described in “Personal Information”. In some instances, we may combine “Other Information” and “Personal Information” in which case the combined information will be treated by us as “Personal Information” as long as it is combined.Other information may include:
- Details of your visits to the Site, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type. We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). For information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on the Site and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking, please contact our Data Protection Officer using one of the contact methods below.
The information we collect automatically is only statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve the Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Site according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to the Site.
You may choose to enable or log in to your account via various social media or social networking services (i.e. Facebook, Twitter and Instagram). The integration of these Social Networking Services may offer you a richer and more personalized experience with our products and services. We collect certain personal information that you have provided to the Social Networking Service (i.e. your Facebook profile, email address, profile picture involving Magicshine products).
Periodically, we lawfully obtain personal information about you from affiliated entities, business partners and other independent third-party sources and add it to our account information. Examples of information we may receive includes updated contact information like email, purchase history and demographic information.
These are the third-party providers we currently use:
- Google: Google Analytics is used to track statistics and user demographics, interests, and behavior in apps. Find out more information about how this analytics information may be used, how to control the use of your information, and how to opt out of having your data used by Google Analytics.
- Firebase (Crashlytics): Firebase (Crashlytics), a Google service, is used to help us better understand usage of Magicshine apps to improve user experience and to identify and resolve the root cause of app crashes.
E. ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATIONYou can review and change your personal information by logging into the Site and visiting your account profile page.
F. YOUR CHOICES REGARDING COLLECTION AND USE OF INFORMATION
We may, from time to time, send you emails regarding our products and services. In addition, if you indicated upon registration that you are interested in receiving offers or information from us and our partners, we may occasionally send you direct mail about products and services that we feel may be of interest to you. Only the Company (or agents working on the Company’s behalf and under confidentiality agreements) will send you these direct mailings and only if you indicated that you do not object to these offers. If you do not want to receive such mailings, simply tell us when you give us your personal information, opt out or unsubscribe using the link at the bottom of an email or edit your account information to no longer receive such offers and mailings.
You also have choices with respect to cookies, as described above. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject all cookies, some parts of our Site may not work properly for you.
G. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We may disclose Personal Information about you to others if we have your consent to do so in written form. We may also disclose Personal Information about you to others as we believe to be necessary or appropriate (a) under applicable law or regulation, including laws or regulations outside your country or residence (b) if Magicshine finds that you are in breach of its terms and conditions or any of its policies or usage guidelines for specific products or services; (c) it is necessary in Magicshine’s opinion to do so to prevent, investigate, detect or prosecute criminal offenses or attacks on the technical integrity of the Site or Magicshine’s network; (d) it is necessary in Magicshine’s opinion to do so to protect the rights, property or safety of Magicshine or its employees, the users of the Site or the public; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates and subsidiaries (g) to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of Magicshine, its affiliates and subsidiaries, and (h) to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
H. SECURITY AND RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Magicshine takes reasonable security measures to help protect against loss, misuse, unauthorized disclosure or alterations of the Personal Information under its control.
K. CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
We take the privacy of children seriously. The Site is not directed at children and our Terms prohibit children under the age of 13 from registering for or using the Site. Accordingly, we will not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 through our Site, and we request that children under the age of 13 not submit any personal information through our Site. If you are under the age of 13, do not use or provide any information on the Site or through any of its features, register on the Site, make any purchases through the Site, use any of the interactive or public comment features on the Site, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received information from a child under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have unknowingly collected information from a child under the age of 13, please contact our Data Protection Officer using one of the methods listed below.
Attn: Data Protection Officer